Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Useful CALL Tools

Useful CALL Tools I'd Love to Use

  There has been a surprising change since I first took CALL class in TTP. Still I am sometimes at loss what to do during this class, but I can make presentations using Powerpoint quite easily. What an awesome development!

  Quizlet is a useful tool for building up vocabulary, and I'm sure students will feel relaxed with and interested in vocabulary learning. When it comes to reading, Wordle and Gliffy will be very interesting and effective ways to guess the story and vividly figure out the plot and characters. I would like to use Wordle as a pre-reading activity and Gliffy as a while-reading activity. Prezi is another awesome tool for the outline and the summary of reading materials.

  I think these would be easily adoptable tools for the 1st and 2nd graders in high school. When I go back to my school, I will put these wonderful tools to use in classes, and I hope they will make my students more motivated than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment